Whether you consider yourself a tree hugger, planet saver or just someone who cares about the environment, a wonderful way to keep the earth healthy and green is to give back and volunteer. There are different campaigns our team thinks that need attention, so we have created this quick list of potential environmental volunteer opportunities. Get ready to hike up your sleeves, get your hands dirty and lend a helping hand to Mother Nature.
BENEFITS OF ENVIRONMENTAL VOLUNTEERING
Different people give different reasons for wanting to get involved in environmental volunteering. For some the desire to help the causes they believe in or feel passionate about is the main reason. Others do it because they would like more excitement and adventure in their lives. For others it is a good way of gaining valuable work experience to help them get a full-time job when they return home. Your contribution as an environmental volunteer could help ensure the long-term survival of our neighbourhood and also revive the much polluted air which is each individual’s birth right. Your participation as an environmental volunteer can also make an indirect impact. Here are a range of benefits to consider.
- You will learn new and useful skills
- You will gain practical experience in the field
- You will have the opportunity to develop leadership and teamwork skills
- You have the opportunity to explore a career, or develop a career by finding a volunteer position in your field of study
- Volunteer work experience will impress future employers. Your CV will demonstrate that you are flexible and committed to a cause or belief
- You will get a chance to do things you would never do in a regular job
- You will feel personal satisfaction from helping others achieve their objectives
- Volunteering will keep you fit and improve your overall health
- You will make new friends and meet other likeminded individuals
- You will have the opportunity to learn a new language or improve your current language skills
- You could experience unspoilt nature and see great wildlife spectacles
- Volunteering for the environment increases the emotional bond between us and nature
- Volunteering encourages personal development
It’s always a great time to get involved with nature. Choose the path that’s right for you. Here is a road map for volunteers who want to develop skills, gain experience or simply help out with eco-friendly projects
VOLUNTEER WITH US
“When we were seeking to associate ourselves with a non-profit, APD was our company’s natural choice. We wanted to partner with an organization that is credible, transparent and impact oriented. APD clearly meets our criteria and is also driven with lots of passion and zeal in improvising public health and welfare”Prakash Kurup, Sr. Manager, Antony Waste Handling Cell Pvt. Ltd.
“Our Students of PGDM had a great opportunity to do their Social Immersion Project (SIP) with Anti-Pollution Drive at Mangalore. They have immensely benefited out of their experience. We wish great success for the Anti-Pollution Drive Foundation in their great work.”Dr.R.Satish Kumar,Professor & Chair Marketing Area
“It was a great opportunity for our students to work as volunteers at APD which practically developed the sense of duty in them, towards the Nation. Kudos to the dedicated team of APD for the excellent job done with regards to Reduce, Recycle and Reuse I feel now it is the time for REFUSE Pollution. All the best for the upcoming projects.”Ashwini Shenoy, Principal, Guajarati School
“I feel contended to be associated with Anti-Pollution Drive NGO, which is actively involved in environmental issues of Mangalore City, nevertheless extending altruistic service to the society, they have successfully conducted awareness sessions at St Aloysius College Mangalore on waste management, I wish them a sustainable green future in the future endeavour. rdquo;Gerald DSilva, Asst Professor, St Aloysius College
“APD is a thought which is spreading it’s fragrance across the society and saving us by conserving our planet. Mr Abdullah Rehman, the founder of APD foundation with his team has already sown the seeds with captivating results promised. I appreciate and wish greater heights to the selfless efforts of APD to bring a change in the outlook of the society towards the environment and its conservation for our own good”Dr.Hem Prasad Nath S.A.S. Officer and NSS Programme Coordinator NITK
“Under the dynamic leadership of Mr Abdullah Rehman, be the change you want to see has become an apt title for team APDF. Beary’s Public School feels proud and privileged being associated over an year with their noble deed of spreading awareness regarding various environmental issues among the youth. Walking along, Joining Hands with APDF, we wish them all the very best in future endeavours.”Geeta Roa, Headmistress, Bearys Public School