Malls have become an integral part of our society and looked up as community centers. Sustainability is not just a goal, it is a necessity. Sustainability is directly linked to resources and resourcefulness demanding an all encompassing and holistic approach. The whole purpose behind sustainability is to preserve our environment and avoid depletion of the earth’s natural resources. Shopping malls are starting to look almost alike, with the major international and local brands infiltrating the malls and offering similar sales. Are all shopping malls the same? To differentiate from other shopping malls, some malls are trying to target different groups of consumers, while others are starting to brand itself on a particular theme. Do you wish to focus on the green theme and take pride in itself as one among the eco-malls in the vicinity? Or would you want to create awareness among the footfalls in your mall? Fret not! You are a step away… Join hands with our team to organise events and revive the relationship of the people in the vicinity and the environment, and let your Mall be a shopping mall for families to congregate, play and shop while allowing them to enjoy an eco-friendly experience and learn more about the environment.
A month/week long Eco-drive
- Achieve reduction in electricity use and water conservation
- Currently most of the mall’s common areas depend on natural daylight. Phase out these lights & replace with efficient LED lighting.
- Make sure your mall uses 100% environmentally friendly cleaning products (inclusive of biodegradable packaging) and recycle bins.
- Ensure Bicycle paths are present for cyclist.
- Feature 100% biodegradable and recyclable kiosks
- Conduct a range of workshops on recycling, water scarcity and energy efficiency.
- Host exhibitions representing various sectors such as Green Awareness & Recycling, Organic Food & Green Living, Energy & Water Efficiency and more.
- Host Children’s art workshops using recycled materials, giving a new definition to “green fingers”
- Let your Mall introduce a special green ‘Shopping Bag’, which shoppers can purchase from the Guest Service Desk. A portion of the sales proceeds will go in for transforming an unused place to a garden. (lead to G for garden not garbage)
“When we were seeking to associate ourselves with a non-profit, APD was our company’s natural choice. We wanted to partner with an organization that is credible, transparent and impact oriented. APD clearly meets our criteria and is also driven with lots of passion and zeal in improvising public health and welfare”Prakash Kurup, Sr. Manager, Antony Waste Handling Cell Pvt. Ltd.
“Our Students of PGDM had a great opportunity to do their Social Immersion Project (SIP) with Anti-Pollution Drive at Mangalore. They have immensely benefited out of their experience. We wish great success for the Anti-Pollution Drive Foundation in their great work.”Dr.R.Satish Kumar,Professor & Chair Marketing Area
“It was a great opportunity for our students to work as volunteers at APD which practically developed the sense of duty in them, towards the Nation. Kudos to the dedicated team of APD for the excellent job done with regards to Reduce, Recycle and Reuse I feel now it is the time for REFUSE Pollution. All the best for the upcoming projects.”Ashwini Shenoy, Principal, Guajarati School
“I feel contended to be associated with Anti-Pollution Drive NGO, which is actively involved in environmental issues of Mangalore City, nevertheless extending altruistic service to the society, they have successfully conducted awareness sessions at St Aloysius College Mangalore on waste management, I wish them a sustainable green future in the future endeavour. rdquo;Gerald DSilva, Asst Professor, St Aloysius College
“APD is a thought which is spreading it’s fragrance across the society and saving us by conserving our planet. Mr Abdullah Rehman, the founder of APD foundation with his team has already sown the seeds with captivating results promised. I appreciate and wish greater heights to the selfless efforts of APD to bring a change in the outlook of the society towards the environment and its conservation for our own good”Dr.Hem Prasad Nath S.A.S. Officer and NSS Programme Coordinator NITK
“Under the dynamic leadership of Mr Abdullah Rehman, be the change you want to see has become an apt title for team APDF. Beary’s Public School feels proud and privileged being associated over an year with their noble deed of spreading awareness regarding various environmental issues among the youth. Walking along, Joining Hands with APDF, we wish them all the very best in future endeavours.”Geeta Roa, Headmistress, Bearys Public School